Jan 2, 2011

MPS challenge

I made this card to enter My Pink Stamper's challenge.She has 2 openings for her upcoming 2011 My Pink Stamper Design Team! The participants are required to make a card, scrapbook page, or other Cricut project with your favorite cartridge using her favorite colors
Pink


Green
Brown
(other optional color of your choice)
I am not ambitious to be one of the members on her design team. I just enjoy challenges where I can see other people's great work.

Here's my card.




First, it took me a long time to do the hand stitching (the yellow zigzag in the middle) because this is the first time I have ever done the stitching on paper. The flowers are from Plantin Schoolbook, cut at 1''1/2, 1''1/4 and 1'' and layered. I embossed the phrase With love which is not clearly shown.

To be honest, I am not very happy with the result. I should have embossed the whole triangle green half instead of embossing only a wavy border line paralleling with the hand-stitched line (the wavy was actually debossed because I misplaced the folder lol).

I still used the card to enter the challenge although the details and design are simple and basic. The ultimate purpose is to learn, to get experience and to connect with friends.

Thank you all for looking.

4 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable! Love the embossing and your stitching turned out great! Thanks for sharing and good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty card!!! Good luck!!! :-)
    -Sam :-)

    p.s. I'm a new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck! I hope you check out mine at
    http://sweetsassydiva-gspot.blogspot.com

    I am enjoying all the variety and creativity! Great way to start the year! this remeinds i need to use that cart more often! TFS!

    We are doing a blog hop today for the three Kings day and there will be some yummy blog candy along the way! I hope you can stop by

    ReplyDelete