Jan 20, 2012

Winter Fun layout

I finished this layout just before Christmas, but it fits amazingly in Stuck On U Sketch's current challenge, the theme of which is coincidentally Winter Fun.

In a tropical country like mine, there is never snow in winter and, therefore, winter fun is never playing outside with the snow. My little daughter, who just knows snow through pictures and TV, was amazed when she saw some "fake" snow for the first time in a shopping center. She ENJOYED the trip on a small train around a Noel tree with a herd of reindeer beside so much that she cried for another ride. And she was quiet with amazement for a while staring at the fake snow and some snowmen.

The narrow strip on the top is a series of photos of her before and during the train journey. The bigger photo on the left is of her crying for one more ride. The one on the right is of her standing with surprise near a play area all covered with seemingly cotton snow.

On the remaining two blank boxes, I will write down as follows: In a tropical country like Vietnam, your winter fun is taking journeys around a Noel tree, looking at paper snowmen, and touching fake snow. All was Wonderland to you. Piccomall. 11/12/2011. (I actually typed these down, but have't printed them out to put onto the blank).

Here are some closer looks

These 2 die-cut images were cut out of Winter Woodland cartridge. The road covered with snow was made from tearing in half a 4'' by 12'' strip of paper embossed with the snowflake embossing folder.

I put some stickle on this snowflake.

Thank you for looking.

Information for further references

Background paper: DCWV Doodle All Year Around Pack, punched with Bath Bubble – MS all around the page punch

Others: Bazzill Basic paper

Cartridge used: Winter Woodland

Deer: 3”1/4, sleigh: 2”1/4, Winter Fun: 2’3/4′, Snowflake4, Real size: 2”1/4

Snowflake Embossing Folder

Silver Stickles (embellishments)

6 comments:

  1. What a great layout, love the stream of pictures at the top! What a cute story about your little one and the "fake" snow, I grew up in Southern California and didn't see real snow till I was 16 and then wasn't crazy about it, Too COLD, lol! She may not like it that much when she knows how cold it is, lol! I'm so glad you joined us over at Stuck On U Sketches with your beautiful layout!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy that you visited us at Stuck on U Sketches! I live in Texas in the USA and we don't get much snow in the area where I live either. Your page is so cute! And I love that your daughter had a good time in the fake snow! Awesome page .. so cute how you did your photos! Hope to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Theresa and Sandi, for leaving very kind comments. And thanks to you, I know that I should use "fake" instead of "false" :)

      Delete
  3. Oh this is just great!
    You know I love the addition of the photo strip at the top
    of the page...adds a neat different accent to the page and
    gets more darling, happy photos in!
    We are so glad that you joined our challenge, what a treat
    to have you!
    GREAT projects!
    (plus, the part of California I am in...we never get snow, only
    rain and not much of that either lately!, so I understand what
    you are saying!)

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that is just too adorable and I know all about fake snow.. I grew up in southern Florida, so we never seen snow there and now, living in Finland, we get sick of it eventually..LOL
    thnx for playing along with us over at sous
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful layout. I love all of the small photos at the top. What a great way to showcase several photos on a single layout.

    ReplyDelete