Jan 19, 2012

A Card and Some Goodie Bags for the Lunar New Year

Hi everyone,

I am so sorry I haven't been able to blog in for a very, very long time due to some technical reasons. I simply couldn't post any entries, but am still greatly inspired to create. Make cards, scrapbook layouts and other paper projects almost every week. Hope there will be nothing wrong with the Internet connection from the place where I live and I will be able to post them here on a daily basic.

Here is a card I made for the Lunar New Year, which will be celebrated in a few days. In my country, this year is called the Dragon Year. It is believed that dragons represent the power and wealth and are often seen in red or yellow. In the past, our kings were referred to as dragons and only kings could wear yellow clothes. I also used that 2 colors for the dragon. The 2 selected colors for the card mat, black and white, symbolize yang and yin, or the sky and the earth, in the middle of which the dragon can freely "fly", bringing about a lucky and fruitful year for everybody.


And below are some New Year goodie bags to give to my mom and parents-in-law. They are very simple with homemade cookies, some Prima flowers and brads. I made them in a hurry but with love.



I entered all these to My Pink Stamper Blog Hop and Challenge. For some reason the linkie over doesn't work, so I could not post the linked picture. Anyway, I had a lot of fun hopping from her blog to others in the DT.

Thanks for looking.

Recipe:
Dragon: 2''3/4, cut from Pagoda
D'vine Swirls and Daisy Embossing folders
Sentiment: MPS stamp set
Prima flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment